2009年11月25日 星期三

央行總裁彭淮南


I had this advantage, at least, in my mode of life, over those who were obliged to look abroad for amusement, to society and the theatre, that my life itself was become my amusement and never ceased to be novel. It was a drama of many scenes and without an end. If we were always, indeed, getting our living, and regulating our lives according to the last and best mode we had learned, we should never be troubled with ennui. Follow your genius closely enough, and it will not fail to show you a fresh prospect every hour. Housework was a pleasant pastime. When my floor was dirty, I rose early, and, setting all my furniture out of doors on the grass, bed and bedstead making but one budget, dashed water on the floor, and sprinkled white sand from the pond on it, and then with a broom scrubbed it clean and white; and by the time the villagers had broken their fast the morning sun had dried my house sufficiently to allow me to move in again, and my meditations were almost uninterupted. It was pleasant to see my whole household effects out on the grass, making a little pile like a gypsy's pack, and my three-legged table, from which I did not remove the books and pen and ink, standing amid the pines and hickories. They seemed glad to get out themselves, and as if unwilling to be brought in. I was sometimes tempted to stretch an awning over them and take my seat there. It was worth the while to see the sun shine on these things, and hear the free wind blow on them; so much more interesting most familiar objects look out of doors than in the house. A bird sits on the next bough, life-everlasting grows under the table, and blackberry vines run round its legs; pine cones, chestnut burs, and strawberry leaves are strewn about. It looked as if this was the way these forms came to be transferred to our furniture, to tables, chairs, and bedsteads — because they once stood in their midst.



較之一般台灣人來說,我的生活型態起碼也有這樣的好處:無需期待國外或者中國來帶給我娛樂,也無需社交和買門票看表演;因為我的生活本身就是娛樂,而且永保新鮮,從不會變的無聊。聽說中央銀行總裁彭淮南的生活近乎無趣,除了工作,唯二的消遣就是跑步和讀書。無趣是世俗的看法。人類受到本身屬性的捆綁,因而為肉慾所驅。所有的肉慾,型態固然萬千,但卻只有一個。人們以為這樣才富情趣,其本質卻低俗至極。所謂時尚,可能是前幾年商店裡的庫存貨。為肉慾所縛的人儘管一時得意,也終究無法忍受老病的折磨。但是如果一個人的心地純粹專注,經過長時間的淨化和鍛鍊,就如彭總裁一般,他就能夠心想事成。

《雜阿含65經》有:愚癡無聞凡夫不如實知色,色集,色滅,色味,色患,色離。不如實知故,於色所樂、讚歎、繫著住,色縛所縛、內縛所縛,不知根本、不知邊際、不知出離,是名愚癡無聞凡夫,以縛生、以縛死、以縛從此世至他世,於彼亦復以縛生、以縛死。是名愚癡無聞凡夫隨魔自在,入魔網中,隨魔所化,魔縛所縛,為魔所牽。受……想……行……識,亦復如是。

因為無法看清楚各種繫縛的本質,以為是一種享受,於是便為縛所牽、為魔所繫,不得自在;死後還念念不忘,隨逐往來,循環不捨。




沒有留言:

張貼留言